Truck accidents can result in very serious injuries and often loss of life. The severity of injuries is typically greater than in car accidents. Because of their massive size and weight, trucks can cause considerable damage upon impact, resulting in more grave consequences for those involved. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident it’s essential to speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer.
Common Injuries that Occur in Truck Accidents
- Whiplash and neck injuries – The sudden impact of a truck collision can cause the head and neck to jerk forcefully, leading to whiplash. This can result in pain, stiffness, and restricted mobility in the neck.
- Back and spinal cord injuries – The force of a truck accident can cause injuries to the back and spinal cord, including herniated discs, fractures, or even spinal cord damage. These injuries can lead to chronic pain, paralysis, or other long-term complications.
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – The head can be vulnerable to impact during a truck accident, resulting in concussions, contusions, or more severe traumatic brain injuries. TBIs can have long-lasting effects on cognitive abilities, motor skills, and overall functioning.
- Fractures and broken bones – The force exerted in a truck accident can cause fractures and broken bones in various parts of the body, including the arms, legs, ribs, and pelvis. These injuries often require medical intervention, including surgery and rehabilitation.
- Internal injuries – The impact of a truck accident can cause internal injuries such as organ damage, internal bleeding, or injuries to the abdomen or chest. These injuries may require emergency medical attention and surgery.
- Psychological trauma – Being involved in a truck accident can lead to psychological trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, or emotional distress. These emotional injuries can have a significant impact on a person’s well-being and may require therapy or counseling.
The severity and type of injuries in a truck accident can vary greatly depending on factors such as the speed of the vehicles involved, the point of impact, safety measures taken, and the overall circumstances of the accident. If you or someone you know has been injured in a truck accident, it is essential to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who is knowledgeable in truck accidents in order to understand your rights and options for compensation.
Injury attorney Todd C. Passman, P.A. handles truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, auto accidents, ridesharing accidents, DUI crashes, distracted driving, and bicycle accident cases serving Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, Vero Beach, Stuart, and Okeechobee, Florida, and surrounding areas.
Tell us about your problem. We can help.
If you, a family member or a friend have suffered a personal injury in a truck accident, or have questions please contact truck accident lawyer Todd C. Passman today, at (772) 465-9806. Our office is conveniently located on S. Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce.